Objectives & Super Objectives
- Firstly, grab a pen and paper and answer the following questions:
- What do you want to gain from this acting course?
- What are your end goals? The only limits are the ones you set yourself- aim high.
- What are your goals for the next 12 weeks?
- What are your barriers?
- How will you overcome them?
Share your answers on the Tribe group!
Objectives and Super Objectives
It is vital for actors to know what their character wants, at any point in the scene. Even something really simple like “I want to have a cup of tea”. Your intention might be “I want to ask him on a date” or “I want to make sure everyone has a good time”.
Your super-objective is something that your character wants in the entirety of the play / of the television series. “I want to have a happy family” “I want to become a millionaire” “I want to have revenge” You can connect your objective with your Super Objective with the phrase “in order to”. An easy example might be “I want to go to Northern Star Acting in order to become a professional actor full time”